12 May 2010

Nara

I bought my 3 days Kansai Thru Pass (5,000 yen) from the in front of the Kyoto Station. It’s a small building outside the station, so it’s not the JR station.













The staff will ask you to fill up simple form for your detail, where you’re from, Passport, etc. 10 minutes later (and 5,000 yen poorer), armed with Kansai Thru Pass, I hopped on the train to Nara, to Kintetsu Nara station.













I have made an appointment about 1 month before with Nara Student Guide through their website. They are a group of student in Nara who volunteer their free time to guide tourist around Nara.

Thanks to my guide, I visited more places in Nara, got a really good history of each building, temples, and shrines. We did all this sight seeing on foot, just under 3 hours. That's included my numerous stops to take photos.













I have made a walk through map in Google Map, with some photos along the path I walked. Visit the link here.


View Nara on Foot in a larger map

Just like its neighbor, Kyoto, Nara also has a long track of history which can be seen on its buildings, trees, temples, & shrines.













However, I found Nara has more nature to offer, and I’m not just talking about the deer on the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment