20 July 2009

Japan - Summer 2009

The first time I visited Japan was in December 2006, a 6 days stop over after my US & Canada trip. I didn’t prepare any plan for that 6 days… big mistake. Since I was coming “down” from Canada, a country located nearer to the North Pole, I assumed Japan’s winter would be just a breeze. WRONG. Damn cold wind welcomed me the moment I stepped my foot outside Tokyo Station!













I also didn’t buy JR Pass to go to Kyoto, and chose the night bus instead. STUPID idea to cut cost. I ended up walking around looking for my bus in front of Tokyo station for almost 1.5 hour, with my big luggage, no one spoke English, a bus uncle yelled at me (coz I asked him the same question more then 5 times, “Is this bus?” – while furiously pointing my ticket), oh and the damn freezing wind has asked the snow to joined me.














The snow fall, the first snow of 2006 in Tokyo, turned the 7 hours bus ride into 10 hours. No, It was not romantic at all! So this time, I have made a travel plan, to fully abuse the 7 days Japan Railway (JR) Pass. JR has been kind enough to mail me the detailed JR time schedule. It’s really useful to plan your itinerary. You can request the schedule from here.











Since I will be arriving late afternoon in Narita, I don’t want to use my precioussss 7 days JR Pass for only ½ day. I will take either Limousine Bus (¥3,000) or Keisei Limited Express (¥1,000) from Narita to Tokyo Station, saving my JR pass for a full day use from the next day.


















Accommodation list:
Tokyo: Taito Ryokan & K’s House Tokyo
Kyoto: K’s House Kyoto
Matsuyama: Funaya Onsen
Hiroshima: K’s House Hiroshima
Beppu: Khaosan Beppu














Other website that I use to help me plan my travel:

No comments:

Post a Comment