28 June 2009

Redang Island - Second Visit

Last weekend I went to Redang Island again, stayed in the same hotel, Laguna Redang, just like I did back in 2007. The water is still as clear as ever and the snorkelling was even better.














The fish population is doubled and they are now more shameless compared to 2 years ago – considering I got chased by a big trigger fish for at least 5 times! Not sure whether it wanted some food from me or simply just wanna chew me up, but it surely scarred the shit out of me! Not far from there, 3 little Blacktip sharks were patrolling the reefs.

The transport, 9 hour bus trip from Singapore was hell!

In the future, if I wanna visit this island again, I would definitely take Star Cruise Virgo from Singapore. Departing from Singapore every Wednesday, the cruise will take you to Redang in style (if you chose the cabin or balcony room) or in Leonardo Dicaprio's Titanic style (the starter room without window at all).














Either way, the cruise has so much to offer for you rather then just staying inside the room. You will arrive in Redang the following day, spend the whole day on the island and board back on the cruise in the afternoon to start the journey back to Singapore.

The down side of this option is you can not spend a night in the island itself though.

No comments:

Post a Comment